A Prayer for 2018
With the understanding that a Happy New Year begins with the changes we determine to make in ourselves, Dear God, in 2018 help us all:
- To be open to new experiences with You,Your Son and the Holy Spirit.
- To be open to learning something new from Scripture each time we read or hear it.
- To have intimate “visits” and prayers with You throughout the day remembering that You are always present.
- To live each minute in 2018 as if it is our last minute here.
- To be intentional about our faith walk and have a plan on where we each want to be spiritually.
- To be intentional about our relationships and have a plan for each for the future.
- To always keep in mind where we are going and whom we are following.
- To make a concerted effort to say only positive, encouraging statements to others.
- To really want to treat others as we want others to treat us under the same circumstances.
- To be mindful that each interaction with others creates memories and influence that can last forever. Help us to ask ourselves: How do we want to be remembered? How do we want to shape eternity for others and ourselves?
- To be ready and willing to share our blessings with persons needing a blessing themselves.
- To push pride aside and be ready and willing to accept blessings from others who want to share their blessings with us.
- To be ready and willing to share our hope and faith with persons needing hope, support and encouragement.
In Christ’s name we ask this.
The grief survival guide is also available in Spanish as “El Amor Nunica Muere: Aceptando el Dolor con Esperanza y Promesa” on Amazon.com.
Larry is the director of GriefWorks, a free grief support program for children and their families in Dallas TX http://grief-works.org.
FOR INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING COUNSELING SERVICES WITH LARRY BARBER https://taylorcounselinggroup.com/larry-barber .